Fun with Food WEEK TEN

Wow. This week I introduced Balsamic Vinegars and Olive Oils. Sometimes I come up with these ideas to "push" the kids in their interests and knowledge and creativity and on my way to the first class I'll think to myself, "wow. this was NOT a good idea. they are NOT going to like this class." And I promise you EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I have that thought, the class goes so much better than I would have ever anticipated! 

THE KIDS LOVED THIS CLASS!! So many of them asked where I bought the Balsamics and Olive Oils because the HAD TO HAVE MORE. : )

So, just as an FYI, I bought them at Olea Oliva! in the Avenues. If you have never been there, you should take your kids and sample. There are so many fantastic flavors and Smita and Dilip are incredibly knowledgeable in nutrition and the science behind the "matching" of flavors. Check them out and let them know I suggested you go. https://oleaoliva.com

The flavors we sampled and mixed and experimented with were:

Garlic Mushroom Olive Oil
Basil Olive Oil
Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar

Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar

So believe it or not the favorites so far this week were the Garlic Mushroom Olive Oil and the Cranberry Pear Balsamic. 

We tasted these with crusty bread, strawberries, hydroponic lettuce, grape tomatoes and pears. Different combinations of all sorts of things!! 

THE CLASS WAS A SUCCESS!!