Fun with Food WEEK ONE (Kitchen Rules, Cookbook Creation)

This was the first week of the series of classes of Fun with Food in the Elementary Schools. 

We discussed the kitchen rules, everyone signed a contract agreeing to the rules, they created covers for their cookbooks, we talked about favorite foods and what we want to do this semester, and assembled their cookbooks. 

Everyone received a car magnet that you can put on your fridge as well. I challenged the kids to put the magnets on their cars and if I see the car, I will find out who it is and they will receive something in the mail. As a small business owner, I cannot even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to be driving around and see one of my magnets. Thank you! 

Each week they will receive a recipe or a food-related handout and they will add that to their cookbook. On the day of the last class they will get to take their cookbooks home.